BettyBras (see:www.bettybras.com)

Cartoons of hot reporter and agony aunt Betty Bras www.bettybras.com. All your questions answered for free!!

Monday, May 01, 2006

BETTY WHY TELL ME WHY


Why Betty doesn't want to ask why-questions anymore and goes to the WHY-master to discuss the matter

Betty: Dear WHY master, is it really necessary to ask 'why' all the time?

WHY-master: why are you saying that Betty?

Betty: everybody needs to know why this and why that...In science, in art, in religion, in sport, in general, in the beginning, in the end, etc. In short, the why business only leads to new science, new art, new religion, etc. because no one ever finds the right answer

WHY-master: you make me nervous Betty. If we wouldn't ask why, and would not find answers, we would not progress.

Betty: doesn't everything progress by itself? Like nature which progresses by itself without asking questions

WHY-master: that's right Betty. But WHY does it progress by itself? it's interesting.

Betty: is it? how come?

WHY-master: Because that way we can detect problems and then we can prepare and make life more comfortable.

Betty: I just think why-master, that it doesn't change a thing. We might find some great answers but then there is no one else telling us that the answer is right. We're having a monologue with ourselves. Or then someone else will come and contradict us and at some point our dialogue ends anyway because we do not live forever to see what will become of our questioning

WHY-master: Betty don't annoy me now. I don't understand why you question all this. It's stupid

Betty: don't question my question, Master. I am trying to research here.

WHY: well, why do you come up with this idea to question thousands of years of great science. I don't understand Betty why you want to go into this. It is so silly. Of course we need why-questions, why would you want to question those? The only way we human beings can understand where we come from and what we are doing here is by determining what our position is. I mean in terms of cosmos and all that. And then and then and then...exhausted)

Betty: And then what?

Why-master: I am not sure. Then it will all be easy and clear

Betty: and why would it all be more easy and clear? Wouldn't we have even more knowledge than, and even less security about what is what?

Why-master; I am confused Betty.

Betty: Well, don't kill yourself over the matter

WHY_master: I am tempted. (sudden) I am the WHY MASTER. What am I supposed to do else!

Betty: that's it MASTER. That is my question. WHAT are we supposed to do if we wouldn't run about questioning everything.

WHY-master: BETTY! this is MY job! You are ruining my job!

Betty: oops sorry...all right then...cheerio!

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Emmet Hart said...

Hi Betty (may I call you Betty or do you prefer Miss Bras?),

I must say you post some interesting thoughts and conversations. I shall be keeping a keen eye on you.

My name is Sebastian Zilch, by the way.

Take care now.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Betty Bras said...

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for your comment. I hope you will keep reading!
You can call me Betty by the way if you want.

If you have any site that I should visit, or any topic you want me to have a conversation about, just tell me..

have an inspirational day

bye

Betty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home